Envato’s 16th Birthday Competition
It’s our 16th birthday but we’re giving you the chance to win a share of $2500!
This August, Envato is turning 16! That’s 16 years of building our creative community and striving to make creative success accessible and achievable for all.
We wouldn’t be here without our incredible Author community—so we’re inviting you to celebrate with us! We’re giving you the chance to win a share of $5000 in our 16th birthday competition simply by sharing your creative success story.
Whether you’ve been an Envato Author for 16 years or 16 hours we want to hear your stories.
To enter, submit a response to the question
“How does Envato help you achieve creative success?”
We’ll be judging the entries according to creativity, originality, and demonstration of technical skill. So, flex your creative muscles and show us what you can do!
Who can enter?
We want to hear stories from Envato Market and Envato Elements Authors from every content category! From photo and video Authors, to graphics and audio Authors, everyone is welcome.
How will my entry be judged?
There will be two categories for winners:
- Most creative submission
- To be considered for the Most Creative Submission category, your entry must include either video or imagery.
- Note: If your file is too large to be attached to the form, please attach a link to an online copy of your file.
- Best storytelling in a submission
- For this category you must include a written entry up to 200 words
You can submit any kind of file to be considered, but your entry must include either video or imagery to be considered for the ‘Most Creative Submission’ category and must include a written component (up to 200 words) for the ‘Best Storytelling’ category.
The winners in each category will receive $2500 USD.
Check out the terms and conditions for our 16th birthday competition here.
Looking for inspiration?
We ran a different competition last year for our birthday, but you can still check out some of the winners and the top entries for inspiration!
Terms and conditions
- Entry Period: The promotion runs from Monday 22 August 2022, 5pm AEST to Friday, 9 September 2022, 11:59pm AEST. No entries will be accepted after this period.
- Eligibility: You need to be an Envato Author (items for sale on Envato Market or Envato Elements) and at least 13 years of age to enter this promotion (if you’re under 18 years of age please get your parent or guardian’s permission to enter). Envato staff aren’t eligible for prizes.
- Only one entry per person per Category (see Clause 6 below) is allowed.
- You may be disqualified if you or your entry do not meet any one or more of the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, if your entry includes any objectionable material or infringes the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party, or if you tamper in any way with the operation of the competition.
- How to Enter: To enter this competition, submit your entry as an attachment to this entry form by 11:59 pm AEST, 9 September 2022.
- Your entry must answer the question “How has Envato helped me achieve creative success?”
- Your entry must include either video (no longer than 1 minute) or imagery to be considered for the ‘most creative submission’ category in accordance with instructions and specifications detailed on the entry form.
- Your entry must include a story of up to 200 words or less to be considered for the ‘best storytelling’ category. Any video or imagery included as part of your entry for this category is optional but not mandatory.
- Entries will be judged according to set criteria by a panel made up of Envato staff including storytelling, originality, creativity and technical skill.
- Judging: This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Judging of valid entries will be conducted on Wednesday, 21 September 2022 and will be based on storytelling, originality, creativity and technical skill. All decisions made about this competition by the judges and Envato are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be selected for two categories (each a “Category”):
- Most creative submission
- Best storytelling
- Prizes: There will be three (3) prizes in each Category, a total of six (6) prizes. The total prize value for this competition is $5,150 USD. The prizes for each Category are as follows:
- First prize
- $2500 USD (“Cash Prize”), paid into the winner’s Author account plus dedicated marketing to Envato customers
- Promotion (“Promotion Prize”) of the winner’s items on Envato’s marketing channels: including features on Envato platforms and channels which may include the Author Hub, email, the Author Community LinkedIn as well as the Envato blog and Envato social channels such as Envato LinkedIn (Promotional Value)
- 1 x Envato T-Shirt (“Merch Prize”) valued at $25 USD
- Second Prize
- A Promotion Prize comprising of promotion on certain Envato platforms and channels which may include Author Hub blogs, LinkedIn and Author emails. (Promotional Value)
- 1 x Envato T-Shirt valued at $25 USD
- Third Prize
- A Promotion Prize comprising of mention in Author Hub blog and forums (Promotional Value)
- 1 x Envato T-Shirt valued at $25 USD
- First prize
- Notification and Prize Claim:
- The Envato Author team will notify the winners via email by Friday 23 September 2022. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
- All winners must claim their prizes before 31 December 2022. In the case of a First Prize Winner, if the Cash Prize is not claimed, Envato may in its sole discretion either forfeit the Cash Prize, or award the Cash Prize to the next eligible prize winner. In the case of Second or Third Prize Winners, if the Merch Prize is not claimed, Envato may in its sole discretion, forfeit the Merch Prize and no substitute will be offered.
- To avoid doubt, unless a winner has breached these Terms and Conditions, each First, Second and Third Prize winner will receive their respective Promotion Prize, with marketing and promotion to commence after notification to the winner.
- General Terms: By entering this competition :
- You (or your parent/guardian) grant us an ongoing, worldwide, royalty-free non-exclusive license to use your entry (and any content associated with your entry) for the purposes of managing this competition and for any other promotional or marketing activity we do.
- In addition to the above, you (or your parent/guardian), grant to us the right to use your name (including your username) and likeness in connection with publicity and promotion of the competition.
- You (or your parent/guardian) promise that any information you give to us is true and correct and your entry is your own original creation and work, and does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property , privacy and/or confidentiality rights) of any other person. You (or your parent/guardian) promise to indemnify us in relation to any loss or damage resulting from any breach of this promise whether it is on purpose or not.
- You (or your parent/guardian) warrants that you have a valid bank account from an authorized financial institution that Envato can pay into in the event you are a First Prize winner. Envato is unable to pay into financial institutions based in Russia until further notice. Envato is unable to award the Cash Prize to those affected and in such event, the Cash Prize will be forfeited with no substitution.
- Entrants are responsible for meeting any tax obligations that come up as a result of this promotion.
- Play fair! We reserve the right not to award prizes, to disqualify entrants, and to discontinue a contest if there is any illegal or fraudulent behavior and also to cancel the promotion if there are any circumstances that mean the promotion can’t be run as planned, this includes technical issues, hacking, natural disasters and anything else beyond our control.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Envato nor any of its affiliated companies, nor any of their respective directors, officers, agents, employees, contractors or representatives (altogether the “Entities”) are liable and accept no responsibility, and you release each of the Entities from liability, for any loss or damage that you may suffer in connection with your participation in this Competition, including without limitation if:
- the Competition if canceled, modified or suspended or delayed;
- Envato does not receive your entry within the Entry Period for any reason; or
- if you win a Prize and there is any delay or failure to deliver a prize, or there is any delay or failure relating to a prize itself
- Promoter: This promotion is run by Envato Pty Ltd whose registered office is at 551 Swanston Street, Carlton 3053 Victoria, Australia.
Good luck with your submissions, and thanks for helping us celebrate our 16th birthday!